The lower radiator hose is worth talking about. It took me 30 minutes to install this thing. Can't imagine what it would be like with the body on. Look how it snakes around everything.
When it was all done we ended up with a motor that was ready to be run. And that's just what we did. We ran it for about 10 to 15 minutes and found a few issues including:
- A couple of the head bolts leaked because sealant wasn't properly used on the threads. Each bolt will be removed, cleaned, sealant will be applied, then re-torqued before moving to the next bolt.
- The paint on the exhaust manifolds cooked off within 30 seconds. These will be repainted with high temperature aluminum exhaust manifold paint.
- The timing and fuel mixture needs to be adjusted. We will start that work after we redo the head bolts.
- We found a threaded hole behind the idler pulley that leaked like a sieve. It was lacking a plug. A quick trip to Ace Hardware made this a quick fix.