The rear windows had been laying around the shop for the last 3 years and they were grungy to say the least. I used my dual head/dual action Cyclo polisher with a mild abrasive to clean them up. They turned out nice, but they still show their age. If you recall this window had sticky letters, Not for Hire.
Turns out the rubber gasket needs to be sealed and the trim clips need to be placed where the trim tabs are located. In the picture below I've removed the glass and rubber gasket. All the trim pieces have been hooked together. I am dry fitting to make sure the trim clips are aligned with the tabs on the trim.
Note how the clip on the bottom isn't located under this trim tab. The clip has to be moved right a good inch. This clip had no chance of holding the trim. This clip and 6 others needed adjusting.
Now it's time to lay down a bead of 3M Bedding and Glazing Compound. A 1/4" bead is all you need. This will seal the rubber gasket to the body. Tape is laid down because I know this can get messy.