When we rebuilt the front end a year ago the body was off the chassis. Now that the body is on the chassis, the headlight brackets are installed and the hood is aligned, we can see there are issues.
We decided to remove the front end support structure in its entirety and start over. This took hours of work and it was not for the squeamish.
If you double click on this picture you'll see hammers, chisels, a sledge hammer, an air chisel and a variety of other tools of persuasion. More importantly, the nose support and the headlight bucket supports have been removed.
After grinding away the old bonding adhesive from all the supports and the underbody we started reassembly. Because bonding adhesive sets up so quickly it was decided to bond the nose support in sections starting with the center. In this picture the clamps hold the the nose support in position while the center section is being bonded. The dumbbell is holding the center section flush with the hood.