With that information I used our Icing glazing compound to fill the low spots then hit it again with brown primer.
That was followed by block sanding. I then circled all areas that still needed filler then did it again.
When I was satisfied it was nice and flat I gave it a couple good coats of our green two part primer. I let that dry for a day or two then sprayed on the brown primer as a guide coat then started sanding again. You'll notice in this picture I cut the slots for the bumper brackets. The cross section thickness of the fiberglass in this area tells me this is way stronger than a stock valance. A special thanks to Ty and Lester for that little surprise.
Now here's a puzzle. There are a couple indentations on the door skin that I can not figure out. This door has been fully guide coated and block sanded yet here they are. You'll have to double click on the picture to see at least one of them.
So now I am going to go over the entire car to make sure we don't have other surprises. I've looked at half the car so far and nothing new has shown up.
So next I'll be taping and masking and doing everything we can to protect the chassis, engine and the door and hood jambs. Should be interesting work. Wish me luck.
Thanks for watching.