After putting the door on and taking it off several times we ended up with the best fit possible. All the hinge bolts were tightened and the striker plate was installed. Now it was time to start working on the body. The majority of the passenger door fit very well with exception to the area shown below. In this picture the door is aligned properly, it's the fender that needs work. The fender was purposely built "fat" when we repaired the A pillar.
Several hours later the fiberglass was cut at the door seam then sanded until there was a smooth transition between both pieces.
Compare this picture to the one above. It's a nice improvement.